|| THE L.E. TRAVIS, JR., PDCA CRAFTSMAN OF THE YEAR AWARD
The L.E. Travis Jr., PDCA Craftsman of the Year Award is presented for overall project excellence and superior craftsmanship. PDCA will honor up to three (3) individuals who demonstrate through their work the highest standards of painting and decorating craftsmanship.
- Nominating Companies and Nominee Winners will receive tools & products from Industry Supporters
- Newly revised application requires only one hour of your time to complete
- PDCA will recognize award winners & their companies with official press releases and promotions - a valuable tool for marketing
Rules & Eligibility
- The Craftsman of the Year Award nominees and nominating companies must be PDCA Members in good standing.
- Entries will be completed using the entry form below.
- A submission number issue upon entry completion.
- By completing this online application you agree to the Photo Release:
- Upon submission. I hereby authorize the use, reproduction & publishing of photos in National PDCA publications, website & advertising. I understand this material may be used in various PDCA publication and/or PDCA National website for any lawful purpose including publicity, advertising or journalism.
- Awards will be granted by the awards committee and all decisions are final
- Please direct any questions to Chris Shank at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines for Award Criteria:
The following guidelines apply to the Craftsman of the Year Award process. Entries must adhere to the following guidelines in order to maintain eligibility.
Each award winner will have demonstrated and shown evidence of:
- An ability to identify various substrates
- Analytical ability to determine proper surface preparation and necessary methods
- Understanding of the chemistry of paint
- Mastery of appropriate tools & procedures
- Commitment to Safety
- Demonstrate skills that meet or exceed the PDCA Craftsmanship Operating Procedures (COP)
- Knowledge and use of the PDCA Industry Standards
Each entry must include:
- Completion of official entry form (below)
- A Narrative demonstrating craftsmanship via projects, specific photos and specific examples of craftsmanship. A narrative is simply a personal recollection of the details of projects worked on and the individual's evidence of craftsmanship.
- A minimum of five (5) color photos (no more than twenty (20) color photos). Quality digital photographs of the project are critical to the application process. Photos should capture the aesthetic appeal and craftsmanship of the projects and should include before and after, as well as close-up images. The digital photos must be numbered to correspond with the narrative. If photos reveal OSHA violations, points will be deducted.
Award Submissions Accepted: July 1, 2017 - November 27, 2017