- WHO WE ARE
- WHAT WE DO
- NEWS & EVENTS
Click here to download the schedule.
• Residential Track • Commercial Track • Residential/Commercial Track
• Crew Leader Track
Wednesday, Feb. 21st:
7:00am - EXPO Registration Opens/Hangout Lounge
8:00am - 8:45am Get the Most out of EXPO
9:00am - 10:15am “Ask-A-Peer” Brain Melds
10:30am - 11:45am
• Master’s Class: The Perfect Production For New Construction
• Doing Business with Millennials*
• Reinforcing Your Contracts: Industry Standards and Specifications
• Alternative Solutions to Labor Shortage and Employee Retention
12:00pm - 1:30pm Opening Session/Lunch/Keynote: "Hurts So Good" Tim Clegg, Hurts Donut
2:00pm - 3:15pm
• Residential Forum: Reverse-Engineering The Labor Problem: Retention and Employee Benefits
• Human Resources: Adjusting to The Changing Landscape in 2018-2019
• Reverse-Engineering the Labor Problem: Retention and Employee Benefits
• Safety Training Programs for Onboarding New Painters
3:30pm - 4:45pm
• Work-Life Balance for People in the Painting Business
• Finance Basics: What Every Contractor Needs to Know for 1-10 Employee Companies
• Commercial Forum: Estimate Like the Pros - A Look into an Advanced Commercial Repaint Estimating Program
• Digital Marketing For Small Business: Digital Marketing For Under $500 a Month
6:30pm - 9:00pm Benjamin Moore Evening Reception
Thursday, Feb. 22nd:
8:30am - 9:45am “Ask-A-Peer” Brain Melds
10:00am - 11:15am
• Tools and Tech: Farrow & Ball, Housecall Pro, Paintworks/Golden Artist Colors
• Master Class: Cleaning Sprayers
• Craftsmanship Forum: Hiring, Training, and Marketing Craftmanship
• How To Effectively On-board New Employees and Train Key Staff
11:30am - 4:00pm Trade Show Opens
5:00pm - 6:00pm National Associate Sponsor Meeting
6:30pm - 9:00pm Sherwin Williams Evening Reception
Friday, Feb. 23rd:
8:00am - 8:45am PDCA Annual Members Meeting
9:00am - 10:00am “Ask-A-Peer” Brain Melds
10:30am - 11:45 am
• Scrum Theory for Painters: Time-Reclaiming Productivity and Scheduling Systems
• Master's Class: High Performance Coatings and Sealers for Industrial and Decorative Floors
• Step by Step Guide to Improving Estimating Accuracy*
• Tools and Tech: Farrow & Ball, Housecall Pro, PaintWorks/Golden Artist Colors
• Industry Standards and Contracts: Problems/Solutions Workshop
How to Effectively On-board New Employees and Train Key Staff*
12:00pm - 1:30pm Charitable Luncheon
2:00pm - 3:15pm
• 5 Steps to Winning the Contractor Fight*
• The Labor Shortage Myth...And The Truth About Hiring Quality Painters Fast
• Advanced Finances: Know Your Numbers to Hit Your Numbers
• What’s Next for Your Business: New Directions for Both Stalled and Successful Business
• Digital Marketing For Big Business: Digital Marketing For Under $5,000 a Month
3:30pm - 4:45pm
• 5 Steps to Winning the Contractor Fight
• Doing Business with Millennials
• Step by Step Guide to Improving Estimating Accuracy
• How to Effectively Onboard New Employees and Train Key Staff
• Best Ways to Utilize PDCA Tools and Grow Your Business
6:00pm - 8:00pm PDCA Industry Awards Dinner
Education Schedule subject to change.
Keynote Speaker - How do creative business models and marketing campaigns get their start, and what is the balance to taking creative risks while implementing stabilizing processes? Our 2018 keynote will be setting the stage for the week by a discussion/demonstration of creative marketing at it’s best.
Ask-A-Peer Brain Melds - Each day at the Expo will commence with opportunities for contractors to join Brain Meld conversations with other contractors on topics that interest them most. With a room full of tables, each with a different topic, attendees will be able to consolidate what they’ve learned and share ideas that get them focused answers to take back with them when the event concludes.
Breakout sessions - Over 30 different breakouts offer lectures from specialists, Q&A, group dialogue and workshops. Residential/Commercial tracks will help you find the segment focus you are looking for, and topics range from finances, marketing, sales, and estimating to technology, human resources, and production.
Contractor Roundtables - Break out into discussions with peers in your specific stage of business growth: New Business, Small Business, Tipping-Point, Million Dollar and Million Dollar Plus Roundtables. Talk about your goals and challenges, and poll the group for collaborative solutions with peers who aren’t your competitors but are happy to help.
Expert Panel Presentations - Experts from the Residential, Commercial, and Craftsmanship Forums will host breakout sessions in which a panel of experts will be answering your questions about anything from hiring, technology, estimating to finances, methodology, and industry resources.
Award Winning Commercial/Residential Project Discussions - The PDCA Industry Award winners are back to tell you the full stories on exactly how they planned and executed complex projects and won industry awards for their superior results and customer satisfaction. Ask your questions in sessions focused on Residential, Commercial, and Craftsmanship awards.
Master’s Classes - The Master’s Classes for painters offer in-depth technical training and how-to demonstrations for contractors and their crews. Bring your team members to learn how to organize new-construction projects, and how to utilize top-tier floor coatings to build your business’ repertoire.
Industry Awards Ceremony - Join us for our prestigious awards dinner where we celebrate industry leaders who have earned the highest national painting awards. Sponsored by PDCA Champions, Sherwin Williams and Benjamin Moore.